Donate Stocks and Crypto
Donate by selecting Crypto or Stock below.
By donating stocks or cryptocurrencies, you can help end extreme poverty in rural Africa. A donation worth $1,600 has the power to lift six families onto a sustainable path out of poverty.
When you donate stocks or crypto to Village Enterprise, your impact transcends addressing extreme poverty. You are also:
- Empowering women. Our poverty graduation approach equips women with the tools and resources to run businesses, save for the future, and participate in financial decision-making and leadership roles. 82% of our entrepreneurs are female.
- Driving climate resilience among vulnerable populations. Our partnerships with environmental and wildlife conservation organizations provide our entrepreneurs with the tools they need to adapt to the effects of climate change and protect endangered species.
- Investing in refugees. Most refugee relief programs provide near-term support for a long-term problem. Village Enterprise is on mission to change that through DREAMS (Delivering Resilient Enterprise and Market Systems). Through a partnership with Mercy Corps, DREAMS merges our proven graduation model with market systems development to take businesses to the next level and ensure refugees have enduring self-reliance.
- Creating opportunities for youth. In order to better serve Africa’s young people, Village Enterprise has adapted our poverty graduation program to create economic opportunities for those between 18 and 35 years old living in extreme poverty.
- Fighting food insecurity and acute child malnutrition. Studied in an independent randomized controlled trial by IDinsight, our program has been proven to increase consumption and assets for those living in extreme poverty. In partnership with Catholic Relief Services, we’re also working to reduce acute child malnutrition in northern Kenya as part of USAID Nawiri.
The IRS classifies cryptocurrencies as property, so cryptocurrency donations to 501(c)3 charities receive the same tax treatment as stocks. Donating cryptocurrency is a non-taxable event, meaning you do not owe capital gains tax on the appreciated amount and can deduct it on your taxes. Please contact your tax or financial advisor for more information. If you want to learn more about how donating crypto can lower your taxes, check out thegivingblock.com/faq
Other Ways to Give
Taking action against extreme poverty comes in many forms.
Look below for different ways to give and find a tailored option that works best for you. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Village Enterprise’s tax ID# is 22-2852248.
Village Enterprise accepts personal checks as well as checks from charitable funds. Please direct gifts to:
1180 San Carlos Ave. #222
San Carlos, CA 94070
Donor Advised Fund
You can initiate a grant recommendation from your donor-advised fund (DAF) directly to Village Enterprise by providing the following information:
1180 San Carlos Ave. #222
San Carlos, CA 94070
Village Enterprise EIN/tax ID# 22-2852248
Donate Stocks or Crypto
Consider a gift of appreciated stock, mutual funds, or crypto rather than a cash donation. A gift of appreciated property often provides additional tax benefits along with the satisfaction of contributing to a cause you believe in. Donate stock or crypto through The Giving Block. Or give stocks directly through your brokerage account by emailing email@example.com.
ACH/Wire Instruction for Cash Transfers
If you plan to transfer cash by wire or ACH, you may instruct your financial institution to email Hallie Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and directions.
Many companies provide matching gifts for all or part of their employee’s donations. Please check with your employer, or contact us at email@example.com for more information.
In Honor or In Memory of
Honor someone you care about for a holiday or birthday. Likewise, you can memorialize an individual’s legacy by making a gift in their honor. Click here for tribute giving.
You may make a bequest or estate gift by including a provision in your will or living trust. Village Enterprise is delighted to be partnering with FreeWill to help you make a will in less than 25 minutes, and it’s 100% free. Click here to create your Freewill today! For more information, please contact Melissa Tomlinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or send an inquiry through our contact form.
Donate Airline Miles
By giving your Frequent Flyer miles, you support our program by keeping our travel costs down. For more information, please contact Hallie Tucker at email@example.com
Gifts in Kind
If you have goods or professional services you would like to donate to Village Enterprise, please connect with us through our contact form.
If you are a foundation, corporation, religious institution, or other organization that is interested in giving opportunities, please contact Caroline Bernadi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our current funding partners.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Village Enterprise Fund whenever you shop on AmazonSmile – go to smile.amazon.com to get started!
Create a Facebook Fundraiser
Facebook fundraisers are easy and effective ways to collect donations for Village Enterprise and spread the word about our work. We always appreciate any Facebook fundraisers on our behalf.
To create a Facebook fundraiser, click here and Facebook will walk you through the process. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
Donating from Outside the United States?
- Canada through RC Forward
- Australia through TLYCS Australia
- United Kingdom through TLYCS UK – Prism the Gift Fund